Offer including the bib for the HMDS adventure and 2 nights in a hotel in Lima in a double room.
03 december – 08 december 2022
The HMDS Peru concept combines adventure and the discovery of Peru for a week out of time. Follow in the footsteps of the Incas and discover the Ica desert, a protected area unique in the world.
On the program: a week of adventure in which you will live at the rhythm of the desert, through 3 stages, to be done at your own pace: by walking or running. You will sleep 3 nights on the HMDS bivouac, in the heart of the Ica desert, with 2 nights in Lima, the Peruvian capital (1 before, 1 after the race).
Then, you will have the possibility of continuing your experience in Peru with the discovery of Machu Picchu and the region of Cusco, for an unforgettable stay.
Following your adventure in the Ica desert, you have the possibility to continue your discovery of Peru with an exceptional trip: direction the Machu Picchu and Cusco, for an immersion into the Peruvian culture, on the footsteps of the Incas.
We take care of everything: bus, plane and train transfers, accommodation, guides, meals... you just have to enjoy this trip that will end your Peruvian adventure in the best possible way!
On the program: after the HMDS, direction the Machu Picchu for an unforgettable experience. To reach this Wonder of the World, located in the heart of the Andes Mountains, you will make a short stop in Cusco (round trip flight included in the offer), where you will sleep 2 nights in a 4 star hotel (accommodation in double room) and will taste the local specialties (breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant).
This trip will also be an opportunity to discover Peru from the traditional approach, and to meet local people.
Price of the offer: 490€
Thursday, December 8
- Transfer to Lima airport
- Flight Lima - Cusco (about 1h30)
- Arrival at the airport and transfer to the hotel Xima, located in the historical center of Cusco
- Free program in the afternoon to discover Cusco
- Dinner in the restaurant of the hotel offering a menu of traditional and ancestral dishes, based on regional products
- Night at the hotel
Friday, December 9
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer to the Poroy train station (20 minutes from the historical center of Cusco)
- Travel by train to Aguas Calientes (about 3 hours)
- Once arrived at the train station, last trip by bus (about 25 min) direction Machu Picchu
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu, with explanations in French, English and Spanish
- Lunch planned on the spot
- Return to Cusco at the end of the afternoon by train
- Dinner at the hotel's restaurant
- Night at the hotel Xima in Cusco
Saturday, December 10th
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer to Cusco airport
- Flight Cusco - Lima (about 1h30)
During this trip, you will stay at the Xima Hotel in Cusco. It’s an eco-hotel located in the historical center of the city. Learn more about the hotel
You will be accommodated in a double room with the person of your choice or randomly with another participant (we will be able to adjust the organization of the rooms before your arrival at the hotel according to the encounters you will have made during your adventure in the desert).
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of doubt as the adventure approaches, you can postpone your participation free of charge to the next edition, up to 60 days before departure, without giving any justification.
If, in spite of your training and preparation, you don't make it to the end, we invite you on the next edition, on the same offer (excluding plane ticket, material and other options).
In case of cancellation of the event by the organisation, you will be refunded 100% of the amount you paid within 60 days.
The organisation of the HMDS does its best to ensure that the event takes place in the best conditions, and that participants who register don’t take any risk with adjusted cancellation and postponement conditions. The Fuerteventura edition (September 2021) went perfectly.
The HMDS Peru concept comprises a unique offer, which includes:
- Bib for the race
- 2 nights in a 4 star hotel in Lima (1 before the race, 1 after)
- 3 nights at the bivouac in the desert
- Gala dinner
- Medal and finisher t-shirt
- Full refund in case of cancellation of the event by the organisation.
- The non-finisher guarantee*
By joining the HMDS Peru, you will have the chance to discover Ica desert, an exceptional and unique place in the world, isolated from any civilization. It’s a week of total disconnection that awaits you.
The HMDS Peru bivouac is located on the edge of the Pacific Ocean.
As the event takes place in a protected area, we are forced by the government to limit the number of participants.
Following your adventure in Ica desert, we can only recommend you to extend your stay in Peru with an itinerary that allows you to discover the infinite riches that this country has to offer.
Depending on how much time you have available, stay 3, 5 or 7 days longer to explore the famous sites of Machu Picchu, Vinicunca - better known as the Mountain of 7 Colors - or the historic city of Cusco.
INFO HOW TO GET THERE?
You need to book your flight to Lima airport in Peru on:
- December 3 if you choose the classic offer.
- December 2nd if you take an extra night before.
Once there, you just need to take a taxi to the hotel located about 45 minutes from the airport in the Miraflores district, where HMDS staff will welcome you (the fare will be less than 10€, about 35 Peruvian Soles).
WHICH FLIGHTS TO CHOOSE?
If you arrive on Friday 2 December, you can arrive whenever you like.
If you arrive on Saturday 3rd December, it is better to arrive early enough in the day to have time for the technical controls and to get some rest.
We recommend that participants take flight tickets with cancellation and modification insurance, taking into account restrictions that may be applied by countries.
Find our flight recommendations in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Participants will be accommodated in a 4-star hotel in Lima the nights of December 3 and December 8.
It is possible to add extra nights for December 2, 8 and 9 depending on your programme.
The HMDS teams are currently finalising agreements with different hotels.
PROGRAMME OF THE WEEK
Saturday: arrival at the hotel, material/medical checks, Road Book collection and discovery of the detailed information about the adventure.
Sunday: bus transfer, first stage, night in the bivouac.
Monday: second stage, night at the bivouac.
Tuesday: rest day, night at the bivouac.
Wednesday: third stage, bus transfer, night at the hotel.
Thursday: end of the HMDS adventure.
You can choose to arrive on Friday instead of Saturday, and add 1 or 2 extra nights after the HMDS.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU?
If it’s your first HMDS, you probably have a lot of questions. Once you register, we'll send you a full checklist of the material, but here is the principal to have per person:
- Backpack plus 2 water bottles (type Ultrabag 20L)
- T-shirt + running shorts
- Trail shoes + anti-sand gaiters
- Cap and sunglasses
- Change: T-shirt + light shorts / leggings
- Windbreaker jacket for the evening and morning
- Sleeping bag + mattress for the night
- Hygiene products (sun cream, soap, antiseptic...)
- Toilet paper
- Food and kitchen utensils (cooking utensils, lighter, fire pellets...)
You can bring a large suitcase with more clothes, which you will leave at the hotel and find after the HMDS adventure.
A total of 10 meals will be required as follows:
- Day 2: lunch, dinner.
- Day 3 and 4: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 5: breakfast, lunch.
The equivalent to 2000KCAL per day is recommended by the organization.
The HALF MARATHON DES SABLES is an event that took place for the first time in 2017 in Fuerteventura. In 2022 will be held the fifth edition in Fuerteventura and the third in Peru.
The event is organized by WAA.
The HMDS Peru 2022 prices are the following:
Unique offer HMDS Peru : 2 800€
- Price for the first 100 to register: 2 500€.
- Up to the first 200 to register: 2 600€
- Up to the first 300 to register: 2 700€
- Machu Picchu supplement: 490€ per person
Additional nights: 50€ per night.
The prices are individual.
ULTRA-FLEXIBLE REGISTRATION CONDITIONS
- Cancellation free of charge until June 3, 2022.
- From June 4, 2022 to August 3, 2022 inclusive, 25% of the total amount of the registration will be retained by the organization in case of cancellation.
- From August 4 to October 3, 2022 inclusive, 50% of the total amount of the registration will be kept by the organization in case of cancellation.
- After October 3, 2022, no refund is possible, however it will still be possible to postpone according to the conditions detailed below.
- Up to October 3, 2022 included, postponement to the next edition free of charge.
- From October 4, 2022 to November 03, 2022 included: 250€ fee for a postponement.
- From November 4, 2022: no postponement possible.
If you are not a finisher of the HMDS Peru 2022, you will be invited to the next edition on the same offer (excluding airfare, equipment, and other extras).
INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION
In the amount of the registration is included:
- Bib for the race
- 2 nights in half-board: 1 night before the race + 1 night after the race
- Gala Dinner
- Medal and finisher t-shirt
- Full refund in case of cancellation of the event by the organization
- Offer "If you are not a finisher, we invite you next year "
- Free postponement offer*
During the race, you will be surrounded by the medical and organization teams from the beginning to the end of the stages.
The courses are marked with stakes every 50/100m, so it is almost impossible to get lost.
You will all be equipped with a GPS beacon with an alarm button, allowing the organization to locate you at any time.
A medical tent is present at the bivouac where you can go at any time.
You can pay by :
- Credit card
- 1, 3 or 5 instalments
- SEPA Credit Transfer in Europe
- 1 instalment
The number of instalments may vary depending on the date of registration. The registration will be 100% validated once the total amount of the registration is paid.
Consult the HMDS Peru 2022 regulations.