FAQs HALF MARATHON DES SABLES FUERTEVENTURA
FOR ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT
1. What does the application fee include?
The application fee includes:
• The bib
• The accomodation at Playitas Resort (depending on the offer you choose)
• bus transportations will be available from FUERTEVENTURA airport to the hotel (return), on September 20th to 27th,
• technical supervision by the organization,
• medical assistance,
• race kit (road book,ID items),
• medal for finishers,
• certificate for finishers (downloadable after the race).
2. I’m registered as an individual, how can I now join up with a team application?
If you did not opt for a team application when you registered, you can go back to your account and edit it to add/change your team name.
3. I have just registered on the HMDS FUERTEVENTUA. Do you have a cancellation insurance partner to recommend?
The organization does not include travel in this package, and so we cannot offer you cancellation insurance.
Your payment has been made with your bank card, approach to your bank consultant in order to know if your contract contains a cancellation inssurance and its terms.
4. I want to register and would like more details on the means of payment.
Different method of payment can be used and be made in instalments. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issue.
Race registration contact:
5. Why can’t I download the medical certificate on my internet application form?
The medical certificate will be available in August and you will also receive a copy by email. This medical certificate should be filled out by your doctor and must be presented at the medical checks at Playitas Resort. Both of these documents must be signed and dated at least 90 days before the start of the race.
6. In what languages does the HMDS FUERTEVENTURA organization produce its documentation?
All documents produced by the organization are available in three languages: French, English and Spanish.
1. Is it easy to find flights to FUERTEVENTURA? Do you recommend any particular flights?
HMDS’s partner travel agency can provide you with all the flight information you need.
Half a dozen flights leave daily for FUERTEVENTURA from the main European capitals. You are free to choose the flight that suits you best in order to enjoy this spectacular island before or after HMDS FUERTEVENTURA, and perhaps bring along your friends or family.
Some flights will be available in ouf offers, don't hesitate to contact us for further information.
Travel agency contact
2. At what time should I arrive?
You could arrive during the Sunday until 10:00 PM, at one of the following 2 meeting points:
Either FUERTEVENTURA airport,
or PLAYITAS RESORT Hotel
3. At what time are competitors free to reserve their return flights?
Competitors are free on the morning of Thursday before or after breakfast.
4. Do you have any details on the transfer times between the airport to PLAYITAS RESORT to organize flight reservations?
A one-way journey between the Airport lasts about 1 hour.
Shuttles will be available on September 20 and on September 27. Other shuttles could be arranged depending on arrivals or departures and on request. Further information will be send during the month before the race.
Travel agency contact
5. What type of rooms does PLAYITAS RESORT offer?
The hotel chain PLAYITAS RESORT offers different types of rooms.
All information available here.
6. Can other people be present on the finish line on Thursday? If so, can they stay at the PLAYITAS RESORT at a promotional price?
An offer is available for that, please click here to find out more.
For more information:
Travel agency contact
3. THE RACE
1. What is the race schedule?
September 20: Meet at Fuerteventura Airport or PLAYITAS RESORT.
Afternoon and evening technical and medical checks, overnight at the hotel PLAYITAS RESORT.
September 21: Transfer to the departure of stage 1 - about 30 km - beginning of food self-sufficiency. Night at the bivouac.
September 22: Stage 2 - about 60 km
September 23: Stage 2 end and rest day - Night at the bivouac.
September 24: Stage 3 - about 30 km - end of the race and food self-sufficiency, award ceremony, Gala evening, night at the hotel.
September 25 and 26: Nights and rest at the hotel PLAYITAS RESORT
September 27: Transfers to the airport
2. Can you give me details on the kilometers and maximum time authorized for each stage?
This course of HMDS FUERTEVENTURA and so the exact number of kilometers will be communicated on the arrival day in the official road book. However, below is an idea of what the distances will be:
Stage 1: maximum 30 km, maximum authorized time 10 hours.
Stage 2 NON-STOP: about 60 km, maximum authorized time 28 hours.
Stage 3: maximum 30 km, maximum authorized time 10 hours.
3. Will we receive a back-scheduling before the start of the HMDS FUERTEVENTURA?
The road book will be handed over to competitors when they arrive to take part in FUERTEVENTURA. However, prior to the event, information on preparation and organization will be sent by email.
4. Can you complete the HMDS FUERTEVENTURA walking, without running?
The stage times are generous enough to allow good walkers to finish in time.
5. Will the course feature many hills?
This information will be on the road book.
6. Will the bivouacs be close to the seashore? Will we be able to swim?
Some bivouacs will be close to the sea. If the weather is good, and at your own risk, you will be able to swim. Please note that the organization shall not be responsible for any problems resulting from swimming in the sea.
7. Is there any risk of bad weather?
The daytime weather should be comfortably warm and sunny. Average temperatures range from 25°C to 28°C. Clouds are relatively common but clear up quickly and rain is very rare in September.
8. Will there be a medical team?
Competitors’ safety is a priority for the organization and so medical assistance will be present along the entire course.
9. Will the event feature messengers and live tracking?
All competitors will be equipped with a device enabling live tracking of their progress on the official HMDS FUERTEVENTURA website.
1. Are the tents individual or shared?
Tents are individual and provided by the organization.
Each day, the bivouac will be set up at a location previously chosen by the organization, and competitors will be given a numbered camp placement. Each tent is marked: competitors keep the same tent from start to finish.
2. Pitching tents
The organization will take care of that.
3. Is it possible to come with an extra bag or bag, which will be kept by the organization at the beginning of the event and handed over at the end of the event?
The competitor will be able to come with an extra baggage and this one will be left in his room in PLAYITAS RESORT before the departure of the buses for the 1st bivouac. During the race, there is no possibility of recovering this personal baggage.
4. Where can I find practical information about the race (e.g. what clothing, food to take, etc.)?
Before the race, everyone registered on the HMDS FUERTEVENTURA will receive a newsletter to prepare the race. We are also available to provide any additional information you might need.
Race organization contact:
5. What kind of sleeping bag will I need at night?
The average temperature is 14°C, you will therefore need a bag for above 0°C.
Opt for a lightweight sleeping bag, such as Sleeping jacket, etc.
5. OTHER QUESTIONS
1. Where can I find the list of competitors registered on the HMDS FUERTEVENTURA?
The list of competitors will be posted on our website one month before the race.
2. Does the HMDS FUERTEVENTURA count as points for UTMB?
For this first edition, the HMDS FUERTEVENTURA does not bring UTMB points.
3. Can we promote the charities we are running for?
In the “running for charity” section you can complete the online form to promote the cause that you or your team support.
4. Will a HMDS FUERTEVENTURA take place next year?
Yes, there will be other HMDS in the world that are in preparation. The places and dates will be communicated soon.
6. CANCELLATION – OVERPAYMENTS – REFUNDS
1. How do refunds work?
All refunds for overpayments will be made during the month following the race. Your bank account will be credited via your bankcard.
2. In case of cancellation, what are the refund conditions?
Cancellations of reservations, withdrawals, and refund requests must be sent by registered mail to avoid any dispute.
When instalments or full payment have already been made, the refund schedule is available in the regulation, article 25.
NB: The organization strongly recommends that competitors take out personal cancellation insurance. In case of cancellation the organization agrees to reimburse the amounts received as set out in the above schedule.
3. I am registered on the HMDS FUERTEVENTURA and I need to cancel my participation. Is it possible to transfer the amount paid to another HMDS?
It is possible to postpone or transfer the registration to a subsequent HMDS edition in the current year or the following year:
• Postpone to the same destination (example: HMDS Fuerteventura 2020 to 2021)
• Transfer to another destination (example: HMDS Fuerteventura 2020 to HMDS Peru 2020 or 2021)
Requests for postponements must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For valid registration (with confirmed payment) before the 31/01/2020:
• The competitor may postpone or transfer his registration until 20/08/20 at midnight without any fees
• After 20/08/2020, a 150 € fee will be retained
• After 15/09/2020 no further postponement or transfer will be possible
For valid registration (with confirmed payment) from 01/02/2020:
• The competitor may postpone or transfer his registration on a future edition until 15/09/20, a 150 € fee will be retained
• After 15/09/2020, no further postponement or transfer will be possible
If the registration is postponed or transferred to a more expensive offer, the competitor will have to pay the fare difference. In the contrary case, the organization will refund the difference.
It is possible to postpone or transfer only once his registration.
7. "HIKER" CATEGORY
The hiker category allows any hikers to embark on the adventure. The concept remains the same, live this food self-sufficiency adventure and share the bivouac with the other participants.
Thanks to this new format, which is more suitable for hikers, the Fuerteventura desert is now accessible to everyone!
What is different are the distances and more precisely the distance of the long stage for the hikers!
The distance of the long stage will be reduced and wider time barriers to be able to complete the stages on time.
The new distances in the hiker category are as follows:
-Stage 1: 30km
-Stage 2: 40km
-Stage 3: 25km
4. Will hikers and runners follow the same route, or will they have two different routes?
There are two different routes. Indeed, the long stage for walkers is a little different from the runner’s one.
5. Can hikers and runners share the same tent group?
Of course, you don't have the same distances on the race, but once the races are over, you can get together and share your tent group without any problems.
6.Is the price for the hiker category the same as for the runner category?
Yes, if you register as a walker or runner, the price remains the same.
7. Will the hiker category have its own ranking?
No, because some "hikers" will want to run a few kilometers, others will do all the stages while walking. It would be very complicated to make a fair ranking.
8. Can hikers run if they wish?
There is no ban for hikers, if they wish to run they can. It's according to your wishes.